Spring is a great time to bring back our Top Ten Feature! Since we live in Lewes, I thought I would begin with our Top Ten Reasons to Live in Lewes:
- The Lewes Bake Shoppe. Today my friend Roseanne and I met in town for lunch at the Lewes Bake Shoppe and walked to the Town Beach and back. Linda was serving up some yummy Beef Barley soup.
- The Lewes Town Beach. A short walk from town past the DQ. Today made me long for Summer lounging with a good book (with my Kindle app of course).
- The Shops on Second Street. Locally owned businesses and artists studios. I love to shop in town – at Deanna’s and Twilla’s – and yes, most of the shop owners can see me coming!
- Abraxas. We found him relaxing outside his studio/shop chatting with a friend. On your next visit to Lewes, stop in an meet Abraxas and enjoy his beautiful paintings.
- Cape Henlopen State Park, with its beautiful beaches, shaded walking trails, camp sites and bike paths.
- Quest Fitness, Lewes’s best locally owned gym at the Village of Five Points. With great aerobics, yoga, pilates, spin and Boot Camp, PLUS the usual equipment.
- Yoga at Quakertown Wellness. So many of my clients have discovered the benefits of Yoga, starting with Barbara Spear’s Gentle Yoga classes. Namaste!
- Striper Bites, especially on Half-Price Burger Night!
- Teller Wines. Wine Tasting on Saturday afternoons from 3 – 7 pm. What a great way to end a day of looking at houses! Just down the street from our office, by the way.
- The Historic Lewes Farmers Market. Opening for the season soon, but not soon enough for me. From Saturday, May 26th through September 29th, fresh local produce every week along with local chicken, fish, lamb and beef. Oh, there’s also flowers.
What are your favorite things?